Good morning! Today, I wanted to share a cool and easy way I am making extra money! This is not a scam and it is so easy. I literally just discovered it this weekend. Before I begin, I just want to start by saying that this is not a sponsored post. I decided to share this all on my own.
What is this quick and easy way to earn extra money? It’s called UserTesting! There are actually a few websites out there but UserTesting is the website I use. You pretty much just record yourself doing a set of easy tasks on a website and you earn $10. Most of the tasks are under twenty minutes. They’ll pay you extra if it takes longer or is a harder job.
You have to take a test and be accepted but it’s not hard. Then, you just watch for jobs and you claim them. I’m enjoying it and I’ve already earned $30. They say you won’t get rich doing this but I can see myself earning a lot from this. It’s at least some money for gas!
Let me know if you sign up and what you think of UserTesting!
2018 was a hard year for me. I honestly didn’t expect it to go the way it did. Instead of letting every thing that happened get me down, I decided to change my mindset. I recently asked God, what are you trying to teach me? What have I learned from all of this?
The first lesson I learned was to not let a guy help me financially if I am not married to him. This is probably one of the biggest regrets of my life. The basic premise of what happened is I let my boyfriend of four years help me buy a car when my old car bit the dust. Well, the relationship that I thought was going to last forever is over. I have the car but I can’t cut all ties with my ex until the car is paid off in three years. It’s a big regret. Lesson learned.
The second lesson I learned is to make sure I am following God’s will and not my own. I followed my own will for the last four years and I am now crawling back to God and begging for his forgiveness. I’m suffering the consequences of my actions and it hasn’t been pretty. Some good has come out of this though! I’m finding that my days are going so much better now that I am back to studying the Bible and praying every morning! God has picked me back up and is repairing the wounds. I am so giving my life up to God now and I am not looking back anymore!
Another lesson I have learned is to take my career seriously. I haven’t taken is seriously the last few years. I let my ex pay for everything and now that I’m single, I’m suffering financially. It’s a challenge getting back on my feet and trying to salvage my career. It’s embarrassing to be so broke just three weeks from my 26th birthday.
I also learned that I need to take care of myself. I let myself go. I’m overweight and I feel so bad these days. I have no energy and I’m grumpy all of the time. I look back at old pictures and I miss that athletic girl who enjoyed life. I’ve learned that I need to take care of my body and my mental health or things will fall apart quickly.
Finally, I learned that I need to work hard. No more sitting around and expecting things to go well for me. I need to get off my butt and do something! I need to be productive instead of watching television and eating ice cream all day. Staying busy keeps me from overthinking and from being unhealthy.
These are some hard lessons I learned. I now know what I want and what I don’t want. I know how I’m going to move forward in 2019. I’m looking forward to the new year! I’m looking forward to getting better and having a blast! Things are looking very positive!
What are some lessons you learned in 2018?
Hello to my lovely readers! Today, I decided to share with you the reasons why I won’t follow a blog. I use Bloglovin’ to keep track of all the blogs I read and what I have listed below is what I look for when I’m looking for new blogs. Let me start by saying, nobody is perfect. Just because you do one or two of these things, doesn’t mean I won’t follow you. Some of these things I do. For me, it’s if a blogger does these things too much and just doesn’t care.
- Poor grammar- Everyone makes mistakes but if you just don’t edit your blog and your grammar is always poor, I will notice and unfollow you. It’s not fun to read a blog if they don’t make an effort to go over what they wrote.
- Using lowercase letters- This is something that really irritates me and I’ve noticed a lot of bloggers do it. I don’t know why but it seems to be a trend. For some reason, people like to not capitalize the first letter of a sentence or proper nouns. Please capitalize them! If you don’t, I probably won’t hit that follow button.
- Bad design- Not everyone is a graphic designer. Not everyone can afford to purchase a fancy template. I get that. My issue is when I can’t read a blog because the layout or design is terrible. Fancy fonts and small lettering are popular but I can’t see what you wrote! If I can’t read it, then I’ll click off of your page.
- Pictures- This is another one that gets to me. I like to see pictures! They don’t have to be your own. I use Pixabay for a lot of my photos. If you take your own photos, please edit them. Also, don’t use the same pictures several blogs posts in a row. When looking for pictures, try to make them somewhat connected to what you are writing about.
- Don’t sound so scripted- This has been rampant as of late. Everything is a sales pitch and sounds so scripted these days. Try to be authentic. If you have something to sell or present to your readers, go ahead! Write like you are trying to convince your best friend to buy something.
- Too many giveaways- I love giveaways. I never win but I do like to enter them occasionally. My problem is when there is one in every post. It makes my blog feed so spammy and not fun to read at all. I want content to read, not instructions on how to enter a giveaway that I probably won’t win.
- Stop trying to sell an item in every post- This kind of goes with not sounding so scripted. Don’t try to sell an item in every post, especially if it has nothing to do with the post. It’s annoying. Mix it up. If someone is interested in the product you are selling, they will buy it. You don’t have to spam every post with a sales pitch. Put a link to your store in your sidebar. Most people look at the sidebar so they will click on the link if they are interested.
- Post consistently– I am guilty of dropping off the face of the planet and I am planning on fixing that. I understand things happen and life gets in the way. Consistency is key. If you want the followers, I recommend you post at least once a week. I will be taking my own advice on this one.
- Please interact with your readers- Try to comment back! If someone posts something irrelevant or something that doesn’t require a response, then that’s fine. Most comments are usually something that can be responded to. I love it when I comment on a blog and the blogger responds. It makes me want to return because I know the blogger cares about their followers and wants us to interact. It’s also a great way to make new friends!
- Variety- This one is so important. I actually unfollowed some blogs today because of lack of variety. They just posted “Weekly link roundups” every Sunday and nothing else. Change it up! If you are a beauty blogger, don’t just post makeup hauls. Post a tutorial on how to contour. Then, post a recipe for homemade hair masks. Don’t do the same thing every week. This is also something I am going to strive to do. I want variety on my blog because it gets boring otherwise.
- Commenting “Follow for follow?”- This one grinds my gears. I get this on my Instagram a lot. No, I will not do a follow for follow. If you want me to follow you, first follow me. Then comment something relevant to the post. If I like your comment I’ll check your page out. Just asking me to check it out is not going spark my interest.
These are things that make me not want to follow a blog. Like I said, nobody is perfect. Not even me! It’s more about consistency. What are some things that chase you away from a blog? What do you look for when you want to find new content to read?
Hello! Those of you who have seen my blog before may have noticed that I deleted everything! I am starting over! My life has changed a lot in the last couple of months since I last wrote and I think it’s just time to start this blog over again. I’ll explain everything over several posts so look for more posts soon! I look forward to revamping my blog and getting back into the swing of things!