Hello! I was looking around for ideas of what to write and decided that I would do a would you rather post! It’s a fun way to get to know me and get me thinking about what I really want. I’d love to hear from you too. Feel free to answer some of the questions in the comments.
- Would you rather go into the past and meet your ancestors or go to the future and meet your great grandchildren? I would like to travel to the past and meet my ancestors! I think it would be cool to travel back and see how people lived then. I’m a huge history buff so if I could experience living history in real time, it would be epic!
- Would you rather have a rewind button or pause button on your life? I would rather have a rewind button. I know I shouldn’t dwell in the past but there are a few things I would like to go back and redo.
- Would you rather be able to talk with animals or speak every single foreign language? I’d rather be able to speak all foreign languages. With animals, you can use body language and communicate that way. It would be cool to speak a foreign language so I can know what is going on when I am traveling in another country!
- Would you rather meet George Washington or the current president? I’d rather meet George Washington because of his major influence in the founding of the United States. Plus, my family has connections to George Washington so it would be cool to meet with someone so famous who knew my ancestors.
- Would you rather lose your vision or lose your hearing? I would rather lose my hearing. It’s okay if I can’t hear anything but I would be devastated if I couldn’t see. I love to look at things especially when I am outside in nature. If I couldn’t see God’s beautiful creation, I would be so sad!
- Would you rather go to a movie or dinner alone? I would rather go to dinner alone! I go to dinner alone all of the time. It’s nice to just sit and enjoy dinner by myself. I guess it’s a form of self-care.
- Would you rather read an awesome book or see a good movie? I would rather read an awesome book! I’m a bookworm so books will win out every time!
- Would you rather be stuck on a broken ski lift or in a broken elevator? I would rather be stuck on a broken ski lift because at least I’ll have fresh air and a scenic view. I am afraid of elevators and they are so enclosed. I would cry if I was stuck in an elevator.
- Would you rather eat a meal of cow tongue or octopus? Octopus! I’ve had octopus before so that’s the safe one to choose. Haha.
- Would you rather have an easy job working for someone else or work hard for yourself? I would rather work hard for myself! I would love to work for myself from home someday. I dream of having a cute home office with my calendars and cute desk accessories.
- Would you rather find your true love or a suitcase with five million dollars in it? I would rather find my true love. Money doesn’t buy happiness. I just don’t want to be alone for the rest of my life.
- Would you rather donate your body to science or your organs to people who need them? I’d rather donate my organs to people who need them so at least someone has a chance at life when mine is over.
- Would you rather never be able to eat meat or never be able to eat vegetables? I would rather never be able to eat meat! I’m an omnivore but I am more of a veggie eater than a meat eater. I can go weeks without eating meat but I need my daily veggie fix.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little about my preferences! Feel free to answers any of the questions in the comments!
1 Peter 5:7
“Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”
This verse has really been speaking to me lately. I’ve had a lot of things happen to me lately that have caused me to have extreme anxiety and several panic attacks. That’s not what God wants, though. God does not want us to be anxious and worried. When things happen of these kinds of feelings pop up, He wants us to turn to Him. Here is what I do when I start to feel anxious:
- First, I pray. Prayer is powerful. I find my day is better when I pray first thing in the morning. No matter how I’m feeling, I pray.
- Next, I turn to scripture. Reading your Bible is very important and should be a part of every Christian’s morning routine. Yes, that extra five minutes of sleep is nice but get up and read your Bible. You’ll find that your days start to get a lot better if you take the time to read your Bible every morning.
- Third, I ask for my fellow Christians to pray. Luckily, the the young adults group at my church are prayer warriors so I can text the group anytime and they will start praying right away! I hope my new church is the same way when I move in January.
I hope my interpretation of 1 Peter 5:7 helped you or at least got you thinking. It’s a great verse to keep in mind, especially when you are having a bad day.
Netflix is great! I can spend hours watching Netflix. I love how I can add Netflix to all of my devices so I can watch it whenever I want. Today, I wanted to share with you what is on my Netflix watch list. Some I’ve seen tons of times and some I’ve never seen before.
- Moana– Moana is my favorite Disney princess. I relate to her on so many levels! It’s a great movie and it has a great soundtrack.
- Shrek- Shrek was one of my favorite moves as a kid so of course, I have to watch it again now that it is on Netflix!
- That 70s Show– This show was airing when I was preteen and teen so of course, I watched it. I loved the hilarious adventures of Eric Foreman and his gang of friends. I’ve seen every single episode at least three times but it will never get old!
- The Breakfast Club– I have this movie on VHS but it’s also on Netflix! This is a classic movie that I will always love.
- The Magic School Bus- I still remember the days when my teacher would wheel the tv and VCR in on a rickety cart and let us watch whatever episode related to whatever science unit we were studying at the time. This is totally a 90s childhood throwback!
- Heathers- If you’ve started to notice, I love 80s movies! Heathers is pretty dark but it’s fun and will keep you interested the entire movie.
- P.S., I Love You- I first saw this movie in theaters when I was a teen and I cried the entire movie. It’s such a sweet and heartwarming movie. It has it’s funny moments too!
- Pearl Harbor- I love this movie! It’s heartwarming and also teaches you a bit about World War II and what happened at Pearl Harbor. I highly recommend if you haven’t seen it.
- The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Society– I haven’t seen this yet but I’ve had several friends recommend it. I love historical fiction so this should be a great watch!
- Hatfields & McCoys- I saw this when it came out on tv. My family watched it each night. We love history like this. It took place not too far from one of our favorite camping spots and where my parents are planning on retiring to. I highly recommend!
- The Office– I didn’t watch this when it was on tv but I love it! I have a very dry sense of humor so The Office is perfect for me if I’m looking for a good laugh.
- Mulan- My brother and I loved Mulan growing up. Nothing is better than a strong girl who just wants to save her family and make them proud!
What is your watch list on Netflix?
Hey! I just wanted to share with y’all a few things I bought today when I was out with my best friend. I guess you could call it a little mini haul!
The first thing I got was this cute long sleeve t-shirt from simply southern. It says “Think outside, no box needed.” It’s perfect for a nature lover like me! I got this shirt from my local Hallmark store.
Next, I found some seasonal biscotti at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I love tea and biscotti goes great with tea. I love seasonal treats like that! The flavors are caramel apple, pumpkin spice, and dark chocolate pumpkin.
Next, I check out The Spirit of Halloween that just opened up near me. They had an entire section devoted to Harry Potter. I had to resist buying more. I did purchase a Slytherin hat though.
Next, I bought a brush glove so I can brush my dog, Bella. I used to have one but it disappeared so I got another one. She prefers this over a regular hairbrush or the fermentor.
Finally, I got these really cute lounge socks from Old Navy. Aren’t they adorable?
That is my little mini haul for October 2018! Have you purchased anything cool lately?
This autumn is a season of change for me. I quit my job and I have decided to uproot my life here in Hampton Roads. I’m not moving until January but it’s going to be a huge change. My dad’s side of the family is from Northern Virginia near Culpeper. My family has been in Virginia for generations. My ancestors started out in Jamestown (near where I currently live) but we’ve always ended up back in Northern Virginia. We have a house that has been in the family since the early 1800s and that’s where I’m moving. A cousin lives there now but she’s getting older and needs a young lady to keep her company. I’m that young lady. I’m so excited! I’m going to work a couple of seasonal jobs here and then in January, I’m packing up and heading north. I will keep everyone updated as I make more plans and as I prepare to take this big step.