Good morning to my lovely readers! If you are new here, welcome! I thought it would be fun to share my current bucket list. I’ve already crossed a few things off of my bucket list (like backpacking in the Yellowstone backcountry) but there is still a list! Some of these things will be crossed off soon and some may be years before I get to them.
- See the northern lights from the glass igloos at the Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort in Finland.
- Stay in a capsule hotel in Tokyo and immerse myself in Japanese culture.
- Find a career in the shipping industry and actually put my degree in International Business to use.
- Backpack around Europe and experience the culture of each country I visit.
- Visit Germany and learn about the country of my heritage.
- Visit my friends in Krakow, Poland and take a historical walk around the city.
- Visit every single national park in the United States (So far, I’ve been to Yellowstone, Glacier, Shenandoah, and the Great Smoky Mountains).
- Drive Historic Route 66.
- Write and publish several novels.
- Attend a show on Broadway.
- Be a spectator at the Olympics.
- Eventually, work from home.
- Have my picture taken being kissed by the man I love in front of the Eiffel Tower (cheesy, I know).
This is a just a base list and I’m always adding more things to do! What are some things on your bucket list?
Wow! I didn’t mean for an entire month to get away from me! Life has just been so busy and things have changed so much! I wanted to just update my readers on what is going on in this post. Tomorrow, I’ll return with regular lifestyle content.
First, I turned 26! I don’t feel 26. I still feel like an 18-year-old teenager. Do you ever truly feel grown up even when you adult really well? Maybe I will when I turn 30. I guess I’ll find out.
The next thing I wanted to share is that I am now in a relationship! I’m not changing my status from single to taken yet because it’s still a new relationship but it’s exciting! I made a profile on a dating website and this guy contacted me. It was not the kind of guy I’d go for but something told me to give him a chance. It’s been great! We connected so well and things seem really promising. We are taking things slow (mainly because he is in the Navy and has kids so he’s super busy) but it’s been so much fun. We really enjoy each others’ company. Just a side note: I probably won’t talk much about him on the blog because he’s a private person and has to be careful about what he reveals about himself because of the nature of his job. When I do mention him, I’ll refer to him as “A.”
I am making a career change! I’ve been working retail for the last eight years and I finally had enough. I quit my job and registered at a temp agency. I’m going to be doing general clerical work to build my office skills and hopefully find a permanent career as an administrative assistant. It feels so good to finally be out of retail and to be trying something new.
Finally, I wanted to share with you my plans for this blog. I really want to try and post at least once a week. It’s a rainy day today so I am going to work on an editorial calendar and some posts. I’m hoping to have a plan in place today! As you know, this blog is geared toward my demographic, the Christian millennial. I’m looking forward to sharing my thoughts and ideas with you in the coming months!
Is there anything you would like to see me write about on this blog?
Good morning! Today, I wanted to share a cool and easy way I am making extra money! This is not a scam and it is so easy. I literally just discovered it this weekend. Before I begin, I just want to start by saying that this is not a sponsored post. I decided to share this all on my own.
What is this quick and easy way to earn extra money? It’s called UserTesting! There are actually a few websites out there but UserTesting is the website I use. You pretty much just record yourself doing a set of easy tasks on a website and you earn $10. Most of the tasks are under twenty minutes. They’ll pay you extra if it takes longer or is a harder job.
You have to take a test and be accepted but it’s not hard. Then, you just watch for jobs and you claim them. I’m enjoying it and I’ve already earned $30. They say you won’t get rich doing this but I can see myself earning a lot from this. It’s at least some money for gas!
Let me know if you sign up and what you think of UserTesting!
Hello to my lovely readers! Today, I decided to share with you the reasons why I won’t follow a blog. I use Bloglovin’ to keep track of all the blogs I read and what I have listed below is what I look for when I’m looking for new blogs. Let me start by saying, nobody is perfect. Just because you do one or two of these things, doesn’t mean I won’t follow you. Some of these things I do. For me, it’s if a blogger does these things too much and just doesn’t care.
- Poor grammar- Everyone makes mistakes but if you just don’t edit your blog and your grammar is always poor, I will notice and unfollow you. It’s not fun to read a blog if they don’t make an effort to go over what they wrote.
- Using lowercase letters- This is something that really irritates me and I’ve noticed a lot of bloggers do it. I don’t know why but it seems to be a trend. For some reason, people like to not capitalize the first letter of a sentence or proper nouns. Please capitalize them! If you don’t, I probably won’t hit that follow button.
- Bad design- Not everyone is a graphic designer. Not everyone can afford to purchase a fancy template. I get that. My issue is when I can’t read a blog because the layout or design is terrible. Fancy fonts and small lettering are popular but I can’t see what you wrote! If I can’t read it, then I’ll click off of your page.
- Pictures- This is another one that gets to me. I like to see pictures! They don’t have to be your own. I use Pixabay for a lot of my photos. If you take your own photos, please edit them. Also, don’t use the same pictures several blogs posts in a row. When looking for pictures, try to make them somewhat connected to what you are writing about.
- Don’t sound so scripted- This has been rampant as of late. Everything is a sales pitch and sounds so scripted these days. Try to be authentic. If you have something to sell or present to your readers, go ahead! Write like you are trying to convince your best friend to buy something.
- Too many giveaways- I love giveaways. I never win but I do like to enter them occasionally. My problem is when there is one in every post. It makes my blog feed so spammy and not fun to read at all. I want content to read, not instructions on how to enter a giveaway that I probably won’t win.
- Stop trying to sell an item in every post- This kind of goes with not sounding so scripted. Don’t try to sell an item in every post, especially if it has nothing to do with the post. It’s annoying. Mix it up. If someone is interested in the product you are selling, they will buy it. You don’t have to spam every post with a sales pitch. Put a link to your store in your sidebar. Most people look at the sidebar so they will click on the link if they are interested.
- Post consistently– I am guilty of dropping off the face of the planet and I am planning on fixing that. I understand things happen and life gets in the way. Consistency is key. If you want the followers, I recommend you post at least once a week. I will be taking my own advice on this one.
- Please interact with your readers- Try to comment back! If someone posts something irrelevant or something that doesn’t require a response, then that’s fine. Most comments are usually something that can be responded to. I love it when I comment on a blog and the blogger responds. It makes me want to return because I know the blogger cares about their followers and wants us to interact. It’s also a great way to make new friends!
- Variety- This one is so important. I actually unfollowed some blogs today because of lack of variety. They just posted “Weekly link roundups” every Sunday and nothing else. Change it up! If you are a beauty blogger, don’t just post makeup hauls. Post a tutorial on how to contour. Then, post a recipe for homemade hair masks. Don’t do the same thing every week. This is also something I am going to strive to do. I want variety on my blog because it gets boring otherwise.
- Commenting “Follow for follow?”- This one grinds my gears. I get this on my Instagram a lot. No, I will not do a follow for follow. If you want me to follow you, first follow me. Then comment something relevant to the post. If I like your comment I’ll check your page out. Just asking me to check it out is not going spark my interest.
These are things that make me not want to follow a blog. Like I said, nobody is perfect. Not even me! It’s more about consistency. What are some things that chase you away from a blog? What do you look for when you want to find new content to read?
Hello! Those of you who have seen my blog before may have noticed that I deleted everything! I am starting over! My life has changed a lot in the last couple of months since I last wrote and I think it’s just time to start this blog over again. I’ll explain everything over several posts so look for more posts soon! I look forward to revamping my blog and getting back into the swing of things!